Re: Action Items review

At 10:16 -0500 2002-01-17, Karl Dubost wrote:
>At 08:17 -0700 2002-01-16, Lofton Henderson wrote:
>>http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/ActionItems
>>
>    A-2001-11-13-4, 5, 6, 7, 8
>	7 - Still Ongoing - Mail sent - XML Signature

Answer of Joseph Reagle.

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Subject: Re: XML-Signature Tests and validator
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:39:23 -0500

Hi Karl,

The implementors are informally maintaining test vectors (much more than
the feature targetted set used for the interop matrix) [a]. A validator
would be useful and various folks have spoken of creating one (including
Donal Eastlake) but I don't think any exist. Now that we have an open
source implementation under Apache/XML [b] it seems within reach by anyone
who wants to implement one but there is potentially still a lot of work.

[a]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2001OctDec/0131.html
[b] http://xml.apache.org/security/index.html

--