Re: general comments on Framework: Process & Operational

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 13:38:12 -0700
To: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Lynne,

For now, just a comment on one part of this...

At 01:12 PM 1/7/02 -0500, Lynne Rosenthal wrote:
>[...]
>Since there is some much explanation and rationale information interwoven
>with the Guidelines/checkpoints, it would be easier (especially to
>implement) to have the Guidelines/checkpoints all together - perhaps at
>the end of the document or at the end of each section.  So each section of
>the document would contain the rationale (background), explanation etc.,
>and then the guidelines/ckpoint (if they aren't all together at the end of
>the document).

We are emulating the style of WAI standards -- see for example WCAG1.0
[1].  In these, the Guidelines/Checkpoints are interleaved with
prose.  They also provide a condensed tabular form [2], with only the
succinct bits.

We are identifying the Gd and Ck with markup, so we can do the same thing
using XSLT stylesheets -- full version, plus tabular summary -- without
replicating content.  (In fact, not only are we emulating the style, we are
borrowing the CSS stylesheets for presentation).

Thanks also for your comments on inconsistency of the presentation style --
we'll need to have a look at that aspect before FPWD.

-Lofton.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/full-checklist.html