Re: Issue #22

David,

Thanks for your comments.  I want to be sure that I capture it in some way,
and it doesn't slip away (maybe it should lead to phrasing a new issue, but
I'd like to clarify first.)

I think this relates to the 2nd bullet in Issue 22 [1].

Issues 12/25 (redundant) address the horizontal WGs relationship.  Issue 37
bears on external entities, but a different aspect.  There is some
discussion in Procs&Ops of transferring external work to W3C.

But I don't see that the issue has yet been raised in general, about
relationships with external groups.

At 02:05 PM 1/4/2002 -0500, david_marston@us.ibm.com wrote:

>I'd be happy to see the Framework Introduction go out as-is for FPWD,
>but I certainly expect some debate about mentioning external groups.

Could you elaborate a bit please?  Is there some specific aspect which we
in QA should be debating, in your view?  Should the definition of the
relationship be taking place in a larger context than QA?  The Procs&Ops
document deals with several aspects of WG/external entity
relationships.  Is it missing something which should be there?

>In particular, I think OASIS and W3C have a relationship, whether or
>not it's formally agreed upon, that affects the QA Activity and these
>documents.

-Lofton.

[1] http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/qawg-issues-html.html#x22, Issues
document--issue #22: