Re: [www-qa-wg] How much of TR space covered by SpecGL? (was <none> -- clarification)

From: David Marston/Cambridge/IBM <david_marston@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:55:00 -0500
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

LH>Is "Technical Reports" accurate?  An entirely informative "Note" is a
LH>TR.  Do we mean to qualify TR at all, such as Rec-track, or ...?

I think that the dividing line is testability and interoperability.
SpecGL applies to any document in TR space that intends to govern the
implementations of what it describes, intending to make them work
"the same way" at some level. If the spec imposes such requirements,
we want it to give guidance for those who would test that the
requirements are being met by a particular implementation.
.................David Marston