Re: wording question in CK3.6

From: David Marston/Cambridge/IBM <david_marston@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:30:32 -0400
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

>[If] that is agreed, then I propose to clarify

>"It is recommended that rules for derived profiles should impose at
>least these two rules on derived profiles:  derived profiles should be
>specified in a way that meets all the pertinent checkpoints of this
>document (QA Framework: Specification Guidelines); and, Derived profiles
>should not clash with pre-defined profiles, if there are any (@@in the
>base specification?)."

That looks good to me. And yes, I did mean "in the base specification"
(i.e., spec for Xblah is the base document and defines a few profiles,
plus sets rules for other groups to define other profiles.)

BTW, the "groups" in "groups may define new profiles in the future"
means groups of people, consortia like OASIS.
.................David Marston