Re: Extech Issue

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 23 Apr 2002 21:36:19 +0200
To: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org, ij@w3.org, Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Le mar 23/04/2002 ŗ 19:44, Lofton Henderson a ťcrit :
> Problem.  Some material to which we want to hyperlink for example the
> TS-commitment examples in the SVG Charter, are in member-only space.  Other
> examples would be member-only mail archives.
>
> Options.
>
> 1.) make the link anyway -- the target users of Extech documents are W3C
> members.
> 2.) make the link, and be sure that the associated text clearly summarizes
> what is at the link destination.
> 3.) don't make the link, but describe clearly what would be discovered at
> the potential link destination.
> 4.) other?
>
> One would think that #2 is most informative and most useful style.  But
> there is a subtle sub-issue with #2 and #3.  If the SVG charter is
> member-private, should Ops-Extech write in its SVG example parts, "The SVG
> 1.0 Charter says [...whatever...] about QA deliverables and milestones."

I'd ask permission to the team contact and the chair of the SVG WG to
quote the relevant part of the charter in a public space. Besides, I
would ask clarification on the need of the charter to be member only
resources. Maybe Ian has some input on this?

W3C's Webmaster