From: Karl Dubost [mailto:karl@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 5:17 PM
To: Mark Skall; www-qa-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: New Definitons for Glossary

At 11:28 -0400 2002-04-12, Mark Skall wrote:
>Test Assertion
>A set of premises that are known to be true by definition in the spec.
>Test Purpose An explanation of why the test was written, and must map
>directly to one or more test assertions.
>Test Case
>An individual test that corresponds to a test purpose,
>which in turn maps back to the assertion(s), and finally the spec.

I would like to know to people who are doing test cases something. It
often occurs to me to create "invalid" test case. Their purpose is to
test the behaviour of a client for example when the mark-up is wrong.

Is it still a test case? I'm a bit confused with the definition.

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---