SourceForge and issues tracking

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 06:58:07 -0700
To: "Dimitris Dimitriadis" <dimitris@ontologicon.com>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Hi Dimitris,

Dimitris, I have been looking at SourceForge, per your pointer for the
issues-tracking topic.  I don't exactly know my way around yet.  But a
search on "issue tracking" turns up about a dozen hits.  Is one of these
the tool/project you use for DOM?

I was looking at the DOM issues tables on
http://www.w3.org/2001/12/DOM-Level-2-issues, which I assume are the result
of the SourceForge tool.  Two thoughts:

1) It seems to cover all of the issue-tracking information items and clear
presentation that we would need;

2) "Contingency" issue (if the tool became unavailable) -- most of the
stuff (perhaps all) in your HTML tables could be pretty transformed pretty
easily and automatically w/ XSLT into a simple XML "issue information"
grammar such as Kirill and I were thinking about (the intermediate step to
XHTML looks pretty trivial, probably wouldn't even need 'Tidy').

[1] http://www.SourceForge.net