W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-qa-wg@w3.org > December 2001

Re: Draft Minutes 2001-12-06 QA Working Group Teleconference

From: peter fawcett <pfawcett@real.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:01:30 -0800
Message-Id: <v04011702b83d59c074b4@[172.23.103.67]>
To: "Kirill Gavrylyuk" <kirillg@microsoft.com>, www-qa-wg@w3.org
Good day everyone,

I've got one correction for the minutes.

>> Peter Fawsett, Real Networks
should be Peter Fawcett, Real Networks,

Other than that it looks good.

Thank you.
Peter


At 10:15 AM -0800 12/7/01, Kirill Gavrylyuk wrote:
>Please review the minutes before we send them to www-qa@w3.org. Thanks!
>
>Draft Minutes 2001-12-06 QA Working Group Teleconference
>--
>Attendees:
>Daniel Dardailler, W3C, Co Chair
>Dimitris Dimitriadis, DOM WG, DOM test suite
>Karl DuBost, W3C, Co Chair
>Kirill Gavrylyuk, Microsoft
>Dominique Hazael-Massieux, WebMaster, W3C,
>Lofton Henderson, CoChair
>Rob Lanphier, Real Networks,
>Lynne Rosenthal, NIST, CoChair
>Selim Aissi, Intel,
>Olivier Thereaux, W3C,
>Peter Fawsett, Real Networks
>
>Regrets:
>Katie Haritos-Shea, W3C
>Mark Skall, NIST
>
>Absent:
>Andrew Thackrah
>Max Froumentin, W3C
>Carbo Oriol, LTG
>Gerald Oskoboiny, W3C
>
>Minutes:
>
>Lofton:
>Review agenda as posted. Rearranged the order as following.
>** Framework documents
>     - endorse direction and partitioning
>     - content comments & suggestions
>     - plan for FPWD of Introduction.
>     - plan for FPWD of Process & Operational Guidelines
>** Organization of WG life: mail lists, next telecon.
>** Lynne Rosenthal's "Conformance Requirements" doc
>** Issues tracking
>**Web site
>** Review of Action items lists (see Brussels minutes).
>
>Lofton: Any additions?
>Dimitris: Suggested everybody to present themselves.
>All: presented themselves.
>
>** Framework documents
>Lofton: Gave short overview of future set of Frameworks document.
>Timeline:
>Introduction is due to mid December,
>Operational and Process guidelines by mid Jan,
>
>Lynne: Could you elaborate on the difference between operational
>guidelines and process guidelines?
>Lofton: Process guidelines are set of guidelines that ties test and spec
>material production and the Charter with W3C Process.
>Operational guidelines are set of guidelines that that helps to set up
>operations in QA Activity within WG;
>KD: So the process is more high level and operational is more detailed.
>
>Lofton: Question: Does the structure and the document split seem reasonable?
>Did the move of the Process guidelines from Introduction make sense?
>Lynne: Structure seems to be reasonable.
>Everybody:agreed.
>Dimitries: Would like to participate in editing of operational and process
>guidelines.
>Kirill, Lofton: welcomed.
>Action item: Kirill, Lofton and Dimiotris to discuss the work load offline.
>
>Lofton: Question:Is it reasonable to push the 1st document in mid December
>and 2dn and January.
>Everybody: agreed to release Introduction and Operational & Process
>guidelines together.
>Action item: for Lofton, Kirill and Dimitris to define timeline.
>
>Lofton: gave quick overview of the "Introduction" document
>Kirill: quick summmary of the "Operational and Process" document.
>Action item: everybody to review posted 2 documents for structure, depth
>of content, target and focus,
>especially Chapter4 in Introduction, Chapter 2, Section 2.4 and 2.5.
>
>
>** Organization of WG life: Web site, mail lists, next telecon.
>
>Lofton: Documents development/discussion - we need to agree how to
>organize this.
>Issue: we have very little time on teleconf. We should deal with technical
>issues on the mail list.
>Lofton: We have 2 lists, we were conducting everything in public so far.
>How do we proceed with these 2 lists further?
>
>All: Discussion on what to do with 2 mailing lists www-qa and www-qa-wg,
>what questions to discuss on which mailing list.
>
>Concluded and agreed that we will:
>
>** use www-qa-wg for interim-draft discussions, issue discussions,
>developmental discussions, etc.
>** www-qa-wg  will be mail-able only by the 15 or so people on the list
>(basically, Brussels attendees plus subsequent telcon joiners).
>** www-qa-wg archive will remain open to public.
>
>Teleconferences schedule. Concluded and agreed that one 1-hour telcon per
>month was
>not enough.  To generate and keep momentum, we need more frequent and
>longer.  Therefore:
>
>- next telcon will be in two week (2001-12-20),
>- it will be 1-1/2 hours.
>- the following one is still 2002-01-03 (and 1-1/2 hours).
>- it will be 2 hours earlier -- 2pm EST -- to make easier European
>participation.
>- evaluate, after holidays, whether more frequent than 2 weeks is needed.
>
>Action item:  KD or DD to get bridge for 12/20, 2pm - 3:30pm
>
>Between telcons.  All detailed work on active technical topics and issue
>will be done by email (www-qa-wg), as we don't have (even at 2-week
>intervals) sufficient time to deal with many in detail.
>
>
>** Lynne Rosenthal's "Conformance Requirements" doc
>Lynne: Introduced the Conform Require document that she submitted earlier
>in the week.
>The document should be viewed as input to the Spec Framework.  It focuses
>on the conformance
>statements part of a specification.  The document which was originally
>developed in OASIS's Conformance TC,
>and currently contains both an OASIS and W3C flavor.  Request that the
>document be
>reviewed and comments welcomed. Better examples are needed and if people
>could indicate whether the examples
>should only be W3C related examples.
>
>** Issues tracking
>
>Three options were identified.  Two from the "Temporary
>Issues List" on the ../QA/WG page.  Dimitris mentioned an issue tracker
>(web service?) from Source Forge, that DOM uses.
>
>Action item: Dimitris to send pointer.
>
>Action item: All, email discussion and resolution of Issues-tracking
>issue, asap.
>
>**Web site.
>Karl discussed beginning to form a policy for re-structuring the
>Web site, and on what pages to put various contents.
>
>Action.  Dom, KD, OT to work out and present a proposal for Web site re-org.
>
>** Review of Action items lists (see Brussels minutes).
>LH.  Declared that all Agenda issues have been
>addressed.  [LH-correction.  We didn't go through the Brussels Action Items
>list for AI statuses.]
>
>
>Summary of New and old Action Items for next meeting:
>
>A-2001-12-06-1: Kirill, Lofton and Dimiotris to discuss the work load offline.
>A-2001-12-06-2: for Lofton, Kirill and Dimitris to define timeline.
>A-2001-12-06-3: everybody to review posted 2 documents for structure,
>depth of content, target and focus,
>especially Chapter4 in Introduction, Chapter 2, Section 2.4 and 2.5.
>A-2001-12-06-4: Karl or Daniel to get bridge for teleconf 12/20, 2pm - 3:30pm
>A-2001-12-06-5: Dimitris to send pointer to source-forge issues tracking
>system. Resolved.
>A-2001-12-06-6: All, email discussion and resolution of Issues-tracking
>issue, asap.
>A-2001-12-06-7: Dominique, Karl, Olivier to work out and present a
>proposal for Web site re-org.
>
>Next teleconferences dates
>
>- 2001-12-20 ,2pm - 3:30pm EST;
>- 2002-01-03 ,2pm - 3:30pm EST;
>
>
>Meeting adjourned at 5:30pm EST.
Received on Wednesday, 12 December 2001 13:58:37 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 + w3c-0.30 : Thursday, 9 June 2005 12:13:08 GMT