W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-qa-wg@w3.org > December 2001

Draft Minutes 2001-12-06 QA Working Group Teleconference

From: Kirill Gavrylyuk <kirillg@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 10:15:28 -0800
Message-ID: <B3F0DACD72892E4DB7E8296C6C9FC2F6025BADB2@red-msg-03.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-qa-wg@w3.org>
Please review the minutes before we send them to www-qa@w3.org. Thanks!

Draft Minutes 2001-12-06 QA Working Group Teleconference
--
Attendees:
Daniel Dardailler, W3C, Co Chair
Dimitris Dimitriadis, DOM WG, DOM test suite
Karl DuBost, W3C, Co Chair 
Kirill Gavrylyuk, Microsoft
Dominique Hazael-Massieux, WebMaster, W3C,
Lofton Henderson, CoChair
Rob Lanphier, Real Networks, 
Lynne Rosenthal, NIST, CoChair
Selim Aissi, Intel,
Olivier Thereaux, W3C,  
Peter Fawsett, Real Networks

Regrets:
Katie Haritos-Shea, W3C
Mark Skall, NIST

Absent:
Andrew Thackrah
Max Froumentin, W3C
Carbo Oriol, LTG 
Gerald Oskoboiny, W3C

Minutes:

Lofton: 
Review agenda as posted. Rearranged the order as following.
** Framework documents
     - endorse direction and partitioning
     - content comments & suggestions 
     - plan for FPWD of Introduction. 
     - plan for FPWD of Process & Operational Guidelines
** Organization of WG life: mail lists, next telecon.
** Lynne Rosenthal's "Conformance Requirements" doc
** Issues tracking 
**Web site
** Review of Action items lists (see Brussels minutes). 

Lofton: Any additions?
Dimitris: Suggested everybody to present themselves.
All: presented themselves.

** Framework documents
Lofton: Gave short overview of future set of Frameworks document.
Timeline:
Introduction is due to mid December,
Operational and Process guidelines by mid Jan,

Lynne: Could you elaborate on the difference between operational guidelines and process guidelines?
Lofton: Process guidelines are set of guidelines that ties test and spec material production and the Charter with W3C Process.
Operational guidelines are set of guidelines that that helps to set up operations in QA Activity within WG;
KD: So the process is more high level and operational is more detailed.

Lofton: Question: Does the structure and the document split seem reasonable? 
Did the move of the Process guidelines from Introduction make sense?
Lynne: Structure seems to be reasonable.
Everybody:agreed.
Dimitries: Would like to participate in editing of operational and process guidelines.
Kirill, Lofton: welcomed.
Action item: Kirill, Lofton and Dimiotris to discuss the work load offline.

Lofton: Question:Is it reasonable to push the 1st document in mid December and 2dn and January.
Everybody: agreed to release Introduction and Operational & Process guidelines together. 
Action item: for Lofton, Kirill and Dimitris to define timeline.

Lofton: gave quick overview of the "Introduction" document
Kirill: quick summmary of the "Operational and Process" document.
Action item: everybody to review posted 2 documents for structure, depth of content, target and focus, 
especially Chapter4 in Introduction, Chapter 2, Section 2.4 and 2.5. 


** Organization of WG life: Web site, mail lists, next telecon.

Lofton: Documents development/discussion - we need to agree how to organize this. 
Issue: we have very little time on teleconf. We should deal with technical issues on the mail list. 
Lofton: We have 2 lists, we were conducting everything in public so far. How do we proceed with these 2 lists further?

All: Discussion on what to do with 2 mailing lists www-qa and www-qa-wg, what questions to discuss on which mailing list.

Concluded and agreed that we will:

** use www-qa-wg for interim-draft discussions, issue discussions, 
developmental discussions, etc.
** www-qa-wg  will be mail-able only by the 15 or so people on the list 
(basically, Brussels attendees plus subsequent telcon joiners).
** www-qa-wg archive will remain open to public.

Teleconferences schedule. Concluded and agreed that one 1-hour telcon per month was 
not enough.  To generate and keep momentum, we need more frequent and 
longer.  Therefore:

- next telcon will be in two week (2001-12-20),
- it will be 1-1/2 hours.
- the following one is still 2002-01-03 (and 1-1/2 hours).
- it will be 2 hours earlier -- 2pm EST -- to make easier European participation.
- evaluate, after holidays, whether more frequent than 2 weeks is needed.

Action item:  KD or DD to get bridge for 12/20, 2pm - 3:30pm

Between telcons.  All detailed work on active technical topics and issue 
will be done by email (www-qa-wg), as we don't have (even at 2-week 
intervals) sufficient time to deal with many in detail.


** Lynne Rosenthal's "Conformance Requirements" doc  
Lynne: Introduced the Conform Require document that she submitted earlier in the week.  
The document should be viewed as input to the Spec Framework.  It focuses on the conformance 
statements part of a specification.  The document which was originally developed in OASIS's Conformance TC,  
and currently contains both an OASIS and W3C flavor.  Request that the document be 
reviewed and comments welcomed. Better examples are needed and if people could indicate whether the examples 
should only be W3C related examples. 

** Issues tracking 

Three options were identified.  Two from the "Temporary 
Issues List" on the ../QA/WG page.  Dimitris mentioned an issue tracker 
(web service?) from Source Forge, that DOM uses.

Action item: Dimitris to send pointer.

Action item: All, email discussion and resolution of Issues-tracking issue, asap.

**Web site.  
Karl discussed beginning to form a policy for re-structuring the 
Web site, and on what pages to put various contents.

Action.  Dom, KD, OT to work out and present a proposal for Web site re-org.

** Review of Action items lists (see Brussels minutes). 
LH.  Declared that all Agenda issues have been 
addressed.  [LH-correction.  We didn't go through the Brussels Action Items 
list for AI statuses.]


Summary of New and old Action Items for next meeting:

A-2001-12-06-1: Kirill, Lofton and Dimiotris to discuss the work load offline.
A-2001-12-06-2: for Lofton, Kirill and Dimitris to define timeline.
A-2001-12-06-3: everybody to review posted 2 documents for structure, depth of content, target and focus, 
especially Chapter4 in Introduction, Chapter 2, Section 2.4 and 2.5. 
A-2001-12-06-4: Karl or Daniel to get bridge for teleconf 12/20, 2pm - 3:30pm
A-2001-12-06-5: Dimitris to send pointer to source-forge issues tracking system. Resolved.
A-2001-12-06-6: All, email discussion and resolution of Issues-tracking issue, asap.
A-2001-12-06-7: Dominique, Karl, Olivier to work out and present a proposal for Web site re-org.

Next teleconferences dates

- 2001-12-20 ,2pm - 3:30pm EST;
- 2002-01-03 ,2pm - 3:30pm EST;


Meeting adjourned at 5:30pm EST.
Received on Friday, 7 December 2001 13:44:14 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 + w3c-0.30 : Thursday, 9 June 2005 12:13:08 GMT