[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Undeliverable: Keep-Alive in MSIE

      To:	www-proxy@www0.cern.ch
      Subject:	Keep-Alive in MSIE
      Sent:	10/31/96 07:33:30

      WWW on 10/31/96 07:33:30
            The message could not be delivered because the folder is only
available to folder owners at this time
            [MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:STAR:STAR-SPB]

Original Message Follows
========================

From: "www-proxy@w3.org" <www-proxy@w3.org>
To: "www-proxy@www0.cern.ch" <www-proxy@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Keep-Alive in MSIE
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 07:33:30 +0300

Hi.

I am checking MSIE(Micorosoft Internet Exprolor 3.01)'s requests.
It is strange about Keep-Alive.
Do you know anything about it ?
Could you tell me why ?

1) When I open URL of 'http://www.sgi.com/'. MSIE issue request in
following...

===
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
Host: www.sgi.com
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
===

2) Proxy response that resource with 'Connection: Keep-Alive',
   and wait next request.

3) MSIE receive response. but not display.

MSIE wait closing of stream, I think. It is keep-alive ? really ?
Other hand, Netscape Navigator work well as keep-alive in such scheme.

Any way, Why Intenet Exprolor said 'User-Agent: Mozilla/2.0' ????