Re: CSS extensions for printing

Keith wrote:

>At the printing workshop we discussed possible extensions to CSS for
>properties required for printing.  In our breakout session we came to some
>consensus on the top priorities.  Does anyone have notes from that session
>they would like to share, or a proposal to put on the table?

At the workshop, I think we did a good job of identifying a large set of issues
or problems, but I didn't leave with the sense that we came to agreement on how
particular problems should be addressed.  There are at least three technologies
that come into play here: HTML, CSS, and HTTP.  I agree with the point made at
the workshop that solutions to printing problems may be found across all three
technologies.

From my notes of the breakout session (the non-font one) the issues considered
most important were Pagination, and Conditional Info.  It seems that CSS and
possibly HTML are the right place to address them.

Jim