Scope of W3C patent policy with regard to partial implementations of standards

From: Peter Junge <peter@sursen.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 11:12:17 +0800
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Dear Sirs and Madams,

I'm writing you on behalf of my employer Beijing Sursen Electronic
Technology Co., Ltd. (http://www.sursen.com/english/index.htm).

Sursen is implementing and using SVG (http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/)
in several of its products. Some of those products do not implement the
SVG specification completely, but only use profiles and subsets. These
profiles and subsets are retaining compatibility to SVG and do not add
any kind of extensions. Our questions is if the the W3C Patent Policy
(http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/) is also valid for
our products, even though they do not implement SVG entirely.

Kindest regards,
Peter