No software patents!

From: Pontus Johannisson <elfpj@elmagn.chalmers.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:39:29 +0100 (CET)
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>

I strongly object against software patents since it is clear that they
counteract competition in the software business by transforming the
innovation process into a big, costly legal battle, which small companies
can have no hope of winning.  They also slow the Open Source/Free Software
community down, which is unfortunate since it provides high quality
software at low price to end users.

Therefore:  I request that W3C approve the draft patent policy.

I support efforts to eliminate software patents at the legislative level.

Pontus Johannisson
Ph. D. student
Gothenburg
Sweden