re:FSF's Position on Proposed W3 Consortium "Royalty-Free" Patent Policy

From: Arvan Reese <arvan@rcnchicago.com>
Date: 31 Dec 2002 01:41:00 -0600
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Hello,

I strongly ask that the policy be amended to prohibit the imposition of
"field of use" restrictions on patent claims contributed to W3C
standards. Please don't let any language in your documents which support
the Internet ( a bastion of freedom and communication ) be party to the
limitation or demise of the Free BSD/GNU software environments.

As a teacher and a student, my access to Free BSD has helped enrich the
lives and minds of many people I know and a lot more that I don't know.

Please, keep it clean.

--
Arvan Reese <arvan@rcnchicago.com>