W3C's Feb 26th RF Patent Policy WD

From: Juan R. Pozo <jrpozo@conclase.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 22:21:22 +0100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I have one question about the Royalty-Free Patent Policy
Working Draft published on February the 26th
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-patent-policy-20020226/).

In the appendix of the Draft I can read this:

P1, P5: RAND track dropped [...]"

and

"The following major changes to the policy have been made between the
16 August 2001 Last Call draft and the 26 February 2002 Public Working
Draft:
- RAND track removed [...]"

But point 5.3, number 4, says:

"The specification under development should be produced on RAND
(reasonable and non-discriminatory) terms, either at W3C or some other
body [...]"

How can this be? Perhaps you meant "RAND track postponed"?

(This is not a rethorical question.)

Thanks,
--
Juan R. Pozo - http://html.conclase.net/