Timing of public comments [was RE: FW: News Release: World Wide Web Consortium Releases New Draftof Patent Policy]

From: Daniel Weitzner <djweitzner@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:55:48 -0500
To: "Adam Warner" <lists@consulting.net.nz>
Cc: "Www-Patentpolicy-Comment@W3. Org" <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Adam Warner has asked

> Could you please give an indication as to what time period is available
> for a comment to impact upon the next public draft.

There is no deadline for public comments on this draft. As the Patent Policy
Working Group is actively discussing all of the open issues in this draft,
the earlier the comments come in, the more likely they are to be useful.
This follows the normal pattern of W3C Public Working Drafts.

So please, send comments soon. There will be, as previously announced,
another Last Call period when we will take comments and formally respond to
all the issues raised. The precise date for the Last Call draft has not been
set as it depends on how quickly we are able to resolve the open questions
before us.

Thanks, as always, to all who have provided comments in the past.

Danny Weitzner
Chair, W3C Patent Policy Working Group