field of use restrictions

From: Dave Love <d.love@dl.ac.uk>
Date: 23 Dec 2002 11:27:28 +0000
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

I'd like to support the Free Software Foundation's position on the
proposed policy and ask you to prohibit `field of use' restrictions on
patent claims <URL:http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/w3c-patent.html>.

My specific interest is that I do occasional maintenance and
development of the GPLed W3 browser for Emacs and other Emacs work.
I'd want to be able to use anything I wrote for W3 to implement some
standard in other parts of Emacs (and elsewhere) under the GPL.