Comments on patent policy

From: <www-patentpolicy-comment@tento.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:32:29 -0600
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

Hi,

No standard expected to gain widespread adoption should be encumbered
in any manner.  Or even potentially encumbered: If a company says that
it won't enforce a patent, it still shouldn't be part of a standard
unless that nonenforcement of the patent is legally ensured.

There is no fee amount greater than zero that is reasonable or
non-discriminatory, for any "public" standard.

If this isn't the correct forum for feedback of this nature, please
accept my apologies.  I heard it on the Internet, so I assumed it was
true ;)

Sincerely,

Pete Harlan
www-patentpolicy-comment@tento.net