Patent policy

From: Ron Nath <sujai.nath@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 19:55:02 -0400
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
I have reviewed the proposal and can not believe that you have succumbed to
the influence of corporations like Microsoft.  I have always respected the
w3c but now if this goes through, you can be certain the open source
community will help establish a new non-license requiring organization to
promote the development of open web standards.  I urge you group to please
not head down this road of creating incompatible standards.  The last thing
we need in more splintering of standards.

Ron Nath
Medical Informaticist