Against RAND proposal

From: MJ Ray <markj@luminas.co.uk>
Date: 30 Sep 2001 22:50:59 +0100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Hi,

As an active Internet developer, I would like to add my voice to the
weight of responses you must be getting against the RAND proposal by
now.  By allowing patent-encumbered technology to be included in W3C
standards, you would create a legal minefield for web developers,
harm the free market and damage the W3C's credibility.

Please do not adopt this proposal.  Recommendations requiring RAND
licensing in supposedly vendor-neutral standards are unacceptable.

--
MJ Ray                                       Email:  markj@luminas.co.uk
Director                                       Tel:  +44 (0)20 8553 6622