Patent Policy

From: Cameron Kellough <cameron.kellough@sri.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:28:27 -0500
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Dear Committee,

It appears unwise to take the open standard system we call the web
and allow patented technologies to infiltrate it.  An internet in which
information does not flow unencumbered from all content providers to all
users
is one that will fail in the long run.  Let commercial companies build
commercial standards where they are necessary and let w3c create
the standards we all need for interoperability.

Cameron Kellough
(speaking on behalf of myself, not my employer)