Patent policy

From: Joyce Conklin <bkwoman@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 13:21:10 -0700
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I am writing to express my opposition to a patent-based set of web
standards. It's already bad enough for Macintosh users who are often
unable to access material on the web because the web masters(?) do not
post their material in both Mac nd PC formats (not all audio is
available for both platforms). I do not understand Apple supporting this
policy unless they're planning to sell out to Microsoft!
I also do not approve of a single browser or any other restricted web
format presentations (graphic formats, audio formats, etc. etc. etc.)
I support "open" standards (not necessarily open code) so that others
(besides those large companies who support this patent situation) can
present their ideas in the open market.
--
Joyce Conklin
bkwoman@pacbell.net