RAND licensing scheme

From: Kisters <kisters@tele-net.ch>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:00:36 +0200
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Dear Sir/Madam,

We have just been made aware of the W3C's proposed RAND licensing scheme
for standards and would like to voice our objections. The Internet as we know it
has been created by fully open standards, enabling everyone to participate.

W3C should remain a standard setting organization open for every developer
without restrictions or royalty-fees. Otherwise we fear a shift favouring bigger
companies, instead of better companies. This will by no means improve quality
and is against the philosophy, which led us towards todays success of the internet.

Yours faithfully,

Friedrich Kisters

Human Bios GmbH
Seeblickstrasse 34-36