RAND licensing

From: Jim Flynn <jflynn@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:51:11 -0700
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

Dear Sirs/Madams

I am sorry to see you betraying the dream of worldwide open information, and
aiding in a corporate takeover of the web via patents that freeze out
individuals and open source projects. I had thought better of you, but
obviously I was mistaken.

To do this in such an underhanded and sneaky fashion speaks of the guilt you
must feel, and rightfully so. It is not too late to realize your mistake and
avoid being cursed by people across the world. You can be a tool for freedom
or a tool for profit, best choose wisely.

If you don't move to correct this mistake, your credibility as keeper of the
www standards will be irreparably damaged. You will create competing
standards bodies that preserve freedom, and thereby destroy the very reason
for your existence. Don't do it. Please.

Jim Flynn
445 Acalanes Dr. #10
Sunnyvale CA 94086