So much for an independant body

From: Neil Watson <usenet@watson-wilson.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 13:35:19 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
It is my understanding that the W3C was an independent standards body?  How
is it that big companies are now influencing the W3C so much?  I can't
believe that introducing these patents will in ANY way benefit an open
standard.

To even consider giving these companies such power is shameful and, in my
opinion, entirely against the founding reasons for the W3C's existence.

--
Neil Watson
Network Administrator