Objections to RAND provision of the Patent Policy Framework

From: Mark DuPrey <skippy@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 11:38:27 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Others have outlined many reasons why the RAND provision of this
document should be removed and have done so more eloquently than I am
able. I do wish to voice my own dissent on the adoption of this
recommendation as it stands. As an individual I can see a future after
the adoption of this proposal as it stands where I will no longer be
able to afford to produce my own web documents. I see a future with most
people like myself being forced off the web and its breadth of content
destroyed. I urge you to kill this framework as it stands and remove the
RAND provisions. I thank the W3C for its work thus far and hope that I
shall be able to do so in the future.

Sincerely,
Mark A. DuPrey