Unbelievably bad.

From: Christopher Cashell <topher@zyp.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 03:15:24 -0500
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I'm not even sure how to respond to the proposed patent policy.  I'm
appalled and almost in shock.  The World Wide Web Consortium has long
been looked to by Internet users and software developers as an
organization who placed the good of the Internet and it's users as it's
first concern.

I feel betrayed by an organization I trusted, that I had faith in.
We've seen in the past with the web what kind of problems occur when you
mix proprietary and open standards (The browser war mess, with thier
extentions, that we're /still/ dealing with).  How can you feel this is
a good idea?

--
Christopher