Re: Next steps in W3C Patent Policy process

From: Daniel J. Weitzner <djweitzner@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 10:16:10 -0400
To: "Daniel Phillips" <phillips@bonn-fries.net>, <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Phillips" <phillips@bonn-fries.net>
To: "Daniel J. Weitzner" <djweitzner@w3.org>;
<www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Cc: "Bruce Perens" <bruce@perens.com>; "Eben Moglen" <moglen@columbia.edu>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: Next steps in W3C Patent Policy process

> On October 13, 2001 12:30 am, Daniel J. Weitzner wrote:
> > So, please stay tuned. I look forward to your comments on the next draft
of
> > the policy.
>
> I bet ;-)

I suppose it would have been more accurate to say I look forward to the
substance of the comments, but not necessarily the work of reading them all.

> Thankyou for a very stylish and correct response.  I'm beginning to hold a
> little hope.

It's not often that I'm called either 'stylish' or 'correct', especially in
public, but I'll take it at face value. 'Glad you are feeling more hopeful.

> It would be nice to see the idea of "invited guests" become the rule
rather
> than the exception.

More and more W3C WGs are, in face, open to the public. My guess is that
this trend will continue.

Best,

Danny