Re: A query about RF

Jason Antony wrote:

> Hi Chris
>
> According to the W3C list server, it's already the 12th, hope this goes
> through.

In general the lists are not just cut off like that; the closing date is
just the lat date at which a particular working group can guarantee to
respond to comments on a particular draft otherwise they would never get
the next revision out.

>  But - thanks for clearing my doubts.
>
> Will the comment period be extended?

On this draft? No, but I think the working group have plenty to read
before writing the next draft.

> Here's hoping you will take our feedback into account,

That is of course the entire point of this list (assuming 'you' == W3C).
Also, I should point out that in general, the public comment lists are
one-way feedback drops 9the conversation, as it were, continuing by
turns - comments, next draft, comments, next draft). In this particular
instance since there was so much misunderstanding of both the intent and
the actual wording of the spec - plus some very odd statements about SVG
-  I thought it worthwhile to try and clear up some things straight
zaway. I am glad to hear that it was helpful.

> and steer the next WD towards a realistic direction.

You should watch out for the next revision of the spec, and see how your
comments have been addressed.

--
Chris