What he said

From: Stuart Robertson <scr@phys.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:47:26 +0100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I can't help but feel that after that eloquent summary this
mail is going to come out rather like a 'Yeah, yeah, what he
said'.   The fact remains that I (also as a scholar)
support many of the opinions expressed on this forum and in
particular chris's mail.

I, a new GNU/Linux user, object to the extension of legality
and ownership into an arena which has previously been
Refreshingly free of it.  On a more personal note I very
much resent the fact that another unique community could be
overrun and irretrievably damaged by greedy capitalist
desire.

Its unfortunate that everyone feels that public ownership is
vital yet there is no real international body responsible
for its protection/promotion - no body of legal and
financial support to combat corporate desire.  This kind of
situation only has one ending.
Stu.