(unknown charset) Against the RAND initiative

From: (unknown charset) Stephen Wynne <wynne@netapp.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 15:15:00 -0700
To: (unknown charset) www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I believe that the Internet and the World Wide Web have been made
possible by open standards freely implemented by any vendor who wants
to compete.

RAND is wrong, irrelevant, and insidious. Please make it go away.

What makes you come up with these things? Get back to serving a
thriving Internet community with quality standards and
implementations.

Note: I'm speaking for myself, not my company.

Thanks,

Stephen Wynne
NetCache Engineering
Network Appliance, Inc.