www-patentpolicy-comment

From: Joris Van den Bergh <joris_vdb@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 06:53:40 +0000
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
When you allow patents for the web you will notice that some people can
afford to pay for it others won’t. The internet community consists of people
all over the world, also in poor countries. And we need them to know what’s
going on in their country, what changes, political, economical or technical
they would like.  We need them to be creative and feed us with ideas and
even their own net-improvements. Paying for patents would greatly obstruct
their contribution to the net. I believe that at this point the net is owned
by their users and it is to the users to decide if patents should be given.
The W3C should only supervise that every new web technology is compatible
and everyone has free access to it.  We cannot allow restrictions,
whatsoever, on the web.

I say ban political and economical restrictions.  NO TO PATENTS.

Joris Van den Bergh