concerns from Poland

From: Adam Kightley <adamjk@susx.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:46:03 +0200
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org

I am very concerned about the proposal to allow the inclusion of
patented technology into w3c standards. As a technology worker in
a relatively poor country, I know that the ability to use software
licensed under the GPL is the only way for many developers to
proceed. It is not an ideological decision. To ensure that the web
stays world-wide, please do not allow proprietary technology to
become the basis of standards.

	AJK
--
[Content edited per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Team/team-archive-editor/2003Feb/0007.html]