Re: [Patents] Richard Stallman re: W3C Patent Policy

From: Les Barstow <lbarstow@vr1.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 15:36:20 -0600
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Rik van Riel wrote:
> So if I hit your car in France, you may sue me in Norway,
> where neither of us has ever been and which doesn't have
> anything to do with the incident ?

Under the Hague treaty, if a law allowing third parties to sue for car
crashes was included as part of the treaty, then yes.  Though Pascal's
example wasn't third-party.

Scary that politicians and diplomats who should know better allow these
kinds of unintended consequences to make it into a binding international
treaty.

--
Les Barstow           | e-mail: lbarstow@vr1.com
System Administrator  |