patent policy

From: Jack Nagel <phantomm1@northpro.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 21:43:58 -0500
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
this is totally out of line. the internet is going to die a slow and painful death if you put this through. i, for one, will completely quit web design/coding. i followed your standards, and conformed to your rules, and now you're going to make me pay for it? what a bunch of bull.

web design is something that many teenagers do in their freetime. i know i do. how can you make them shell out cash for a hobby they love? you make me sick.

i hope you die.