Re: RAND

From: Toni Mueller <support@oeko.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 19:45:49 +0200
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Cc: support@oeko.net

Niklas Hallqvist wrote:
> If this was a vote, my voice would be *against* RAND.  I need not provide
> more arguments than already has been presented.  It is clearly a very
> bad idea.

_YES_

I don't know who was stupid enough to invent this (when will we be required
to pay royalties to read such "proposals"?), but this appears to be the end
of the Internet as we know it, and a confusion of the Internet with a home
shopping cable tv on behalf of said "inventors".

Instead, the Internet, and especially what the W3C does, should be free
for anyone to use, and be based on _standards_, not standards-of-the-day
like we have in certain other fields of industry.

Well, it's time for an AlterW3C ...

--Toni, very disappointed++