Re: W3C patent policy

From: Daniel J. Weitzner <djweitzner@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 20:15:47 -0400
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>, "Eben Moglen" <moglen@columbia.edu>
Hello Eben,

Thanks for these comments. You will see shortly that we are extending the
comment period for this draft until 11 October 2001. So, I'll ask you a
question that I hope you can answer in that time. While I understand the
overall spirit of your opposition to proposed recognition of RAND licensing.
I would appreciate your thoughts on whether the Royalty-Free licensing
structure proposed [1] is consistent with the GPL and other open source
licenses.

Thanks,

Danny Weitzner

--
Daniel J. Weitzner    +1.617.253.8036 (MIT)
World Wide Web Consortium   +1.202.364.4750 (DC)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-patent-policy-20010816/#sec-defs-RF