please look at the bigger picture!

From: Ron McKown <ron@ventura.nu>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:12:01 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
please god, don't let the w3c committee already be corrupted by
microsoft.  i understand how a lot of money can persuade even an honest
man, but please so it isn't so.

you see, microsoft's profits on operating systems are steadily dropping,
so they *need* to dominate another market that holds bright future
prospects.  the web will be the future of how we operate all
computers.  it will be a global network operating system that everyone
ties into seemelessly.

if we let microsoft inject any type of proprietary model into our public
network, then god help us all.

Please.  Let public services serve the public, not big companies.

Ron McKown
ron@ventura.nu