RAND Proposals

From: David Glover <d_glover@lineone.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 23:01:17 -0000
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
I hope that the W3C has seen the sense following the large volume of criticism regarding the RAND proposals in the patent policy proposals.

This cannot be allowed to happen -- it breaches the W3C's own charter and would lead to the end of the internet as we know it.

No company should be allowed to profit from the standards -- if their technology is to be proposed as the standard then they must be prepared to forfeit the
patent claim.

David Glover
Independent IT professional
This emailed was scanned for viruses before leaving my PC using Norton Anti-Virus software.