European Market all over again.

From: Ivan Collver <ivanc@looped.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:52:39 -0800
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Sirs;

Your idiotic thought are reminiscent of the European Market.  They set the
standard for Bananas and Strawberries so Bananas over so long could not be
called Bananas and Strawberries over so small could not be called
Strawberries.  If it tastes like a strawberry and looks like a strawberry,
it should be called a strawberry.  So what if it does not meet your size
STANDARD.  If I am licensed to use GIF, who are you to tax me for using it?
If I do not want to use GIF, Who are you to tell me that I am wrong and
force me to use a standard that you then think you can collect fees from? If
no one can read my Web Page because I am not using standard formats, Who do
you think I am trying to display my information to?  Maybe I want to use a
non-STANDARD format as a type of encryption.

Get off our backs and go to work and make an honest buck.  I work for my
money, you do the same.

Ivan Collver