[fwd] P3P Compact Header and IE6...

This sounds complicated

Rigo

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Michael Knight <MKNIGHT@cdgroup.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:32:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Subject: [Moderator Action] P3P Compact Header and IE6...
  • To: <www-p3p-public-comments@w3.org>
I have the following situation occurring.
IE6 is blocking access to a cookie that is required to authenticate on a
Websphere-driven E-Commerce Site.
The E-Commerce Site has a Production URL (Production Database) and
Development URL (Development Database).
The Production Site is working flawlessly.
The Development Site is one that I am having trouble with.
The Infrastructure is as follows:
Websphere Commerce Suite 4.1
Websphere Application Server 3.0
IBM HTTP Server 1.3.6.4
The URL that the cookie is being blocked from on the Development Site is
as follows:
http://somehost.somedomain.com/html/index_coop.shtml?Krypto=yzC6YiXbwj%2
BCZ0ddjVbjA1znm29K2ztFPmJmL9TXLtI%3D

The only difference in the URL is the server's host name. (ie:
server1.domain.com/server2.domain.com)

I have a full P3P Policy enabled and the Compact Policy Headers enabled
in the HTTP Server and the html and shtml file.
The W3C validator reports my configuration as flawless.  Zeroknowledge's
P3P Site Validator reports my configuration as flawless and IE6
Compatible.
Can anyone assist me?  I am at wits end.
Thank you very much in advance.

Michael J. Knight
Security Engineer
CD Group Inc.