From: www-p3p-public-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-p3p-public-comments-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Rigo Wenning
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 5:24 AM
To: Christian Abad
Cc: www-p3p-public-comments@w3.org
Subject: Re: [Moderator Action] P3P Deployment on iPlanet/NES

Dear Christian Abad,

the necessary information to configure compact policies on iPlanet/NES
is contained in the Deployment Guide[1], that contains a link to the
iPlanet-Knowledge-Base[2].

In fact, compact policies are deployed using the header mechanism. The
implementation of the header-mechanism for iPlanet is described in the
iPlanet document about P3P[2].

So just add a field for the compact policy to the header, that
determines the PRF:
P3P: policyref="http://host.example.com/P3P/PolicyReferences.xml"
CP="CUR...."

To make a compact policy out of your full policy, you might consider
using the P3P Compact Policy Translator by David Jonathan Grant[3].

I hope that helps

  1. http://www.w3.org/TR/p3pdeployment#Appendix_iPlanet
  2. http://knowledgebase.iplanet.com/ikb/kb/articles/7747.html
  3. http://www.davidjonathangrant.info/p3p/

Best,
--
Rigo Wenning            W3C/INRIA
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead