Re: [Moderator Action] P3P voting

Dear M. Barley,

P3P moved from Candidate Recommendation to Proposed Recommendation.
During Candidate Recommendation, W3C was solliciting implementations of
the specification in the community. As this was successful, we have
submitted the Draft to the scrutiny of the W3C-Members.

After the vote of the Advisory Committee, W3C's Director will decide,
whether issues must be addressed or whether P3P can move forward to the
final state of Recommendation.
On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 10:10:14AM -0500, Charles.BarleyJr@ey.com wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> I understand that the P3P Spec 1.0 underwent another recommendation and
> voting period.  Has this standard issued as of Jan. 28 been finalized after
> Monday's voted.
>
> When you get a moment, can you please let me know.  Also, if there is some
> sort of P3P mailing list asking individuals for comments or simply keeping
> persons aware of developments, can you please add my eMail address to this
> listing.

There are two public mailing-lists for discussion:

www-p3p-policy:
Discussion of issues and solutions around implementing P3P on
web-servers

www-p3p-dev:
Discussion of issues and solutions around implementing a P3P client
software

To subscribe to these, please send an email to
www-p3p-policy-request@w3.org with "subscribe" in the subject
www-p3p-dev-request@w3.org with "subscribe" in the subject

For public comments to the P3P Working Group, please use this list
(www-p3p-public-comments). But at the current state, the specification
is stable/frozen and we are not expecting to make any changes.

Nevertheless, your input is welcome and will be added to an
issues/suggestion - list for eventual work on a P3P Version 2

Best,
--
Rigo Wenning            W3C/INRIA
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead