compact policy required attr

From: Clifford Lyon <Clifford.Lyon@cnet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:44:34 -0800
To: "'www-p3p-public-comments@w3.org'" <www-p3p-public-comments@w3.org>
Hi,

This question about compact syntax comes from using the IBM policy editor 1.9.

I noticed that if I create a policy with a "Cookies" statement, containing some elements about the use of cookies, the "i", "o", or "a" is set as expected, according the required element in the corresponding purpose in the xml policy.

However, when I add a new "group" (statement) all of the compact purpose tokens become "a", and cannot be changed. I thought the tool might be setting the required attr according to the maximum required attr for a given purpose across all statements - but it wasn't - just adding a second empty statement w/o any purpose changes all the purpose requirements to "a". The xml policy still shows "opt-in" for the purpose.

I wanted to make sure that this is a bug in the tool, and that its not the case that for policies with multiple statements, the purpose tokens in a compact policy must be required.

Regards,

Cliff Lyon