http://www.w3.org/P3P/ -- Statement about volatile cookies

From: <mheins@redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:29:42 -0400
To: www-p3p-public-comments@w3.org
Cc: interchange-core@interchange.redhat.com

Dear W3C,

First, I would like to thank you for your work on P3P. Beginning to codify
this is an important step in improving personal privacy.

I suggest a change in the specification that would encourage user agents to
allow setting of volatile cookies without a P3P statement on the site. A
volatile cookie, of course, is one which has no expiration date and therefore
is not valid after the user agent session is finished (usually upon exit of
the user agent software).