From: Rigo Wenning [mailto:rigo@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 10:06 AM
To: Chris O'Kennon
Cc: 'www-p3p-public-comments@w3.org'; P3P-Specification-WG
Subject: Re: [Moderator Action] privacy summary

Your Policy Reference Files says:
    <POLICY-REF about="/vipnet/w3c/vipnet1.p3p">
      <INCLUDE>/*</INCLUDE>
      <COOKIE-INCLUDE/>
    </POLICY-REF>

But the Specification[1] says:
Example 2.4 states that /P3P/Policies.xml#first applies to all
cookies.
Example 2.4:
<META xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/09/P3Pv1">
 <POLICY-REFERENCES>
		  <POLICY-REF about="/P3P/Policies.xml#first">
       <COOKIE-INCLUDE name="*" value="*" domain="*" path="*"/>
   	  </POLICY-REF>
 </POLICY-REFERENCES>
</META>

This means, that I suspect, IE6 has an internal error parsing the
Policy Reference File and therefor doesn't come to the policy...

Did you generate the PRF also with the IBM Editor?
Your policy says:
<!-- Generated by IBM P3P Policy Editor version Beta 1.8 build 9/12/01
3:31 PM

This might be an interesting bug to fix in the editor...

  1. http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P/#cookies
--
Rigo Wenning            W3C/INRIA
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 10:51:19AM -0500, Chris O'Kennon wrote:
> Although the W3C validator says my page is compliant, when I use
Explorer 6