P3P Basic Data Types and XML Schema Datatypes

From: Martin J. Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:26:16 +0900
To: www-p3p-public-comments@w3.org
P3P defines it's own few primitive datatypes and base
composite data types. Given that XML Schema will provide
a way to indicate primitive and other data types, P3P
should be rewritten to use the relevant components (with
privacy-specific extensions) instead of <DATASCHEMA>.

There is a difference in that dataschema does not specify
the actual form (serialization/textualization) of the data
in XML, but that shouldn't bother; either the data is
actually transmitted as XML, in which case we solve two
problems in one, or it is transmitted otherwise (or as
XML, but in a different syntax), in which case we can
just say that only the relevant aspects of the schema
apply.

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, I18N Activity Lead, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org/People/D%C3%BCrst