New study on Privacy Policies

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:28:13 +0200
To: www-p3p-policy@w3.org
Dear all,

as Lorrie is not reporting here:

http://tprcweb.com/files/CostOfReadingPrivacyPolicies.pdf

This is a very interesting poll from the Carnegie Mellon University.
It shows that the everage surfer would have to spend 200hours per
month to read and understand all the human readable privacy policies
applicable to his average surfing route.

Somebody on slashdot rightly points out that P3P was supposed to do
that job. But we are still missing a decent browser implementation.
The browsers are still caught in their competition over the best
cookie blocking tool. I think this is pretty sad.

Best,

Rigo Wenning
Privacy Activity Lead