Re: [RFC] Information headers in HTTP

Hi Stefanos,

On Wednesday 20 June 2007, Stefanos Harhalakis wrote:
>   I agree with that and that's why I suggested the Information
> Request (without understanding the CC/PP). As for the diplimacy,
> please... be rude... educate me... brutaly and in public ((c) someone
> from the LKML) :-) Personaly, I like/prefer straight answers...

Ok, you wanted it this way and it is less time consuming ;)

> > So the suggestion is that you dive into either the suggestion of
> > conveying the TZ in the URI itself or look into CC/PP.
>
>   OK. Lets postpone the Timezone issue. Any comments regarding the
> Information Request?

See http://www.prime-project.eu/
This is an IST FP 6 project about information requests. Liberty Alliance
and cardspace are doing similar things but more on the authentication
side. They also may contain wallets. For the rest, XForms or HTML Forms
are used instead of intransparent network chatters as normally the
user's consent is required by data protection law in Europe at least.
For the US it is notice and choice.

Note also that P3P initially was encompassing a definition of an
information wallet for such information requests. This was abandoned as
nobody was really willing to use it. Everybody wanted their own
proprietary wallet system.

Best,

Rigo